|Mary Craig Ministries|
|Home Page > News and Views > Message of the Month|
Dear Friend of Mary Craig Ministries,
Daily we hear many stories of people being protected from every sort of danger. We hear people testifying of how they prayed to God for that protection and how God answered them, preserving their lives. God does indeed protect, and in fact, He is bound in the covenant of grace, in the New Covenant in Christ's Blood, not only to protect, but also to provide, preserve, pity (remember our frames that we are only dust), empower, give peace to, prosper our souls, and pursue His enemies to their destruction. So what does the Bible teach us about the protection of God?
We know that God is both able and faithful to give protection. (1 Peter 1.5; Jude 1.24; 1 Thess. 5.23, 24; 2 Thess. 3.3) Many times this protection is given in strange ways. For example, the Philistine who opposed David came with a sword and with a spear and with a shield; but David came in the Name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel. The Philistine Goliath defied God. David took away the reproach from Israel in slaying Goliath with a sling and a stone, for who was this uncircumcised Philistine to defy the armies of the living God? David prevailed, but there was no sword in the hand of David. (1 Samuel 17) God often gives protection through means which ordinarily would be inadequate.
We need the protection of God. This protection is given to those who acknowledge God as their protection (Ps 18.2; 62.2; 89.18), who pray for it (Ps 17; Isaiah 51.9), and who praise God for it (Ps 5). This protection preserves, strengthens, and keeps the people of God. How many of us have known God's protection as He defends us against our enemies or defeats the counsels of enemies, or keeps us from situations of temptation, persecution, calamity, dangers, and even death? If we trust Him, God will keep us from evil, from falling, and keep us in the way (2 Thess. 3.3, Jude 1.24, Exodus 23.20).
Every believer can walk in the protection of God by taking heed to the following admonitions of Scripture:
- Hearken to God. But whoso hearkens unto Me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil. Proverbs 1.33
- Return to Him if you are living in willful disobedience or backsliding. (Job 22.23, 24; Joshua 23.12, 13; Judges 10.13) But if you will not hearken unto Me, and will not do all these commandments; and if you shall despise My statutes, or if your soul abhors My judgments…I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague…and you shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it, and I will set My face against you… Leviticus 26.14-17.
- Do not walk in presumption. Go not up, for the LORD is not among you; that you be not smitten before your enemies…because you are turned away from the LORD, therefore the LORD will not be with you. But they presumed to go up…Numbers 14.40ff
- Do not remain obstinate in your rebellion. Jesus wept over Jerusalem killing the prophets sent to her, speaking from His heart how often He would have gathered her children together even as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings; but they would not! Therefore, He said, Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. Matthew 23.38 God desires to protect, and His Truth is a shield and buckler, a safety from opposition for the oppressed (Psalm 9.9).
- Ask God to turn you heart back to Him. Ask Him to give you a heart yielded to Him. Ask Him to give you the desires of His heart. (Psalm 51)
- Make God your strength; trust in the mercy of God forever. Lo, this is the man that made not God his strength; but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himself in his wickedness. But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever. Psalm 52.7, 8
- Be convinced, become convicted, and be certain that protection is not to be found in idols (Deut. 32.37-39; Isaiah 46.7), in people (Ps 146.3; Isaiah 30.7), in riches and how many resources you think you have (Proverbs 11.4, 28; Zephaniah 1.18), in how big an army or support group you can garner (Joshua 11.4-8; Ps 33.16), or in how many assets you hold (Ps 33.17; Proverbs 21.31).
They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion,
Which cannot be removed, but abides forever.
As the mountains are round about Jerusalem,
So the LORD is round about His people from henceforth even forever.
For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot
Of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth
Their hands unto iniquity.
Do good, O LORD, unto those that be good, and
To them that are upright in their hearts.
As for such as turn aside unto their crooked ways,
The LORD shall lead them forth with the workers of iniquity;
But peace shall be upon Israel.
We have many stories of God's protection being given to folks in the Bible. I think of Joseph and David, Shadrach and his friends and Daniel; I think of Peter and Paul, and many others. Read their stories and be encouraged by their faith and by God's power to protect. And when you hear stories of God's protecting people today, praise Him. Give Him the glory and thank Him that He is a covenant-keeping God, faithful and true.
Our MCM mission team returned from the fifth mission to Israel. Again, we saw God's faithfulness to protect. We stood on the battlefield where David defeated Goliath. It was in a beautiful valley, the valley of Elah. We traversed the country from North to South, East to West. For more on this mission, you can visit our web site and go to the prophetic section for 2011 and/or to the missions section.
We had many opportunities to witness for Christ, whether giving the gospel, giving God's Word, giving words of wisdom and healing, and/or giving testimony that God's Word is truth. In some instances we countered false views of who Jesus is. At other times we challenged views of scripture contrary to its being the inspired, infallible Word of God. We were always ready to give the reason for the hope within us; and we proclaimed the Name of the Lord throughout the land. And God gave much fruit.
Your gifts make it possible for us to take the gospel around the world and down the street. May 29th our MCM outreach team accompanied me to St. Joseph AME Church in Jupiter, Florida. The gospel was clearly set forth in my message to this church. People came forward, receiving salvation in Christ, receiving healing and deliverance, receiving ministry, and leaving transformed. The service was electric with the presence of the Holy Spirit; and God was faithful to His covenant.
Thank you. Whether it is world missions, evangelism, our Barnabas Project distributions, media ministry, our "refrigerator" ministry, ministry to the homeless, Craighouse® community outreach, home visitation, or mercy ministries, you are important to MCM. As the Holy Spirit guides you to give generously, gladly, and graciously, we keep the doors open. God is blessing abundantly, and you who give share in that blessing.
Just the Messenger,
P.S. Go to www.marycraig.org. Order books from our Catalog section using PayPal. Worship with us 4:30 p.m. Sundays. Grow and flourish in small group ministry at Craighouse®, located in the Pompano Plaza at 114 E. McNab Road, Pompano Beach, FL 33060. Log on to www.craighouse.org for a map and more events and Bible studies. Reach MCM at 954-491-7270. Send in your prayer requests.
To donate online, please go here
Mary Craig Ministries is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization
Mary Craig Ministries, Inc.
Israel Mission 2011
Kroy Ellis + Dr. mary craig = wanda Barlow
Mary craig ministries going forth…
In his name, by his grace, for his glory
41 missions 72 nations seven continents 18 years serving Christ
Calling the nations to repentance, resurrection, judgment, restoration
|Copyright © 2011 Mary Craig Ministries, Inc.||
|ïBack to MCM News and Views|